Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Week in Review

Much to the chagrin of my enemies, my week-long blogging absence is not due to my untimely death. Quite to the contrary, I have been rather busily alive.

The beginning is a little hazy. I do recall downloading I, My, Me! Strawberry Eggs, procrastinating and eventually producing two essays for final projects. That brings me to Friday. I think I kicked out pretty early that night. Saturday involved some Mega Man 7 (I think) and anxiously wondering when we were going to watch Repo! The Genetic Opera. I think I’ve been watching too many things with exclamation points in the middle. The movie is odd to say the least, everything I’d expect from a rock musical about the repossession of organ transplants. I returned to my room at some point, intending on sleeping until TB prodded me to work on some Infinity Rule plot. I believe I got to sleep around 6 AM.

I was awoken at 1 PM to a knocking on my door. I was then presented with the choice of heading out on my floor trip or going back to sleep. As it would happen, the trip was completely worth it. We headed down to Dooley’s for pool, which turns out to be unlimited for $5 on Sunday. Since only 8 people came, we had tons of left cash to spend on refreshments. We even went to Dairy Queen afterwards without going over the money provided to our don. On return I headed to the lounge to hang. We watched the Cat Returns, reminding us all of how absolutely bizarre it is to see inside the mind of Miyazaki.

Also, a cat is fine too.

On Monday we went to all you can eat sushi. It was quite delicious. Afterwards we headed to the mall to pick up a few things. I went to the bookstore to get a late birthday present for my dad. After picking one out, I went to find everyone before we left.

I didn’t. They left without me. Jerks!

OK, it wasn’t so bad. I just can’t believe they completely forgot about me. Now I know how Nick feels. After I got back, I proceeded to fancy myself for our last house dinner. It was quite the affair, full of end of the year nostalgia. I’m pretty sure our floor was the highlight of the night, as we managed to get permission to knight our don with a real sword. That’s why we’re awesome. We got our yearbooks around 9 and I purchased one of the snazzy t-shirts they were selling. We watched another Miyazaki movie, My Neighbour Totoro this time. I was pretty tired, I actually fell asleep during the movie. I went right to bed afterwards.

And now I’m here. I should really study for linear algebra tomorrow. Not failing would be nice. I think I’ll find Jesse and get on that. I will report back again when relevant information prevents itself. I hope you can amuse yourselves until then.

Edit: I forgot that I attended my friends' housewarming party on Friday. I left with the first wave as I'm not really the party type. It wasn't too bad but not really my thing.

6 comments:

  1. Have you seen 'Whisper of the Heart'? That's the Miyazaki movie from which the cat is returning. It's not as famous as its sequel, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Much to the chagrin of my enemies, my week-long blogging absence is not due to my untimely death."

    Aw snap!

    And the Cat Returns is FTW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now I'm prodding you to work on the Infinity rule some more! Yay!

    Totoro is a pretty relaxing movie, it was the first Miyazaki me and the rest of my siblings saw. We were like ten or so.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the record, Travis, it wasn't that we forgot about you, it was just that the two groups thought that the other had you and by the time we realized you with neither of us the bus had already started moving. We were going to call you, but you didn't have your cellphone...

    - Dani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, Wayne did forget about me. Though to be fair, he had a sword.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You get used to being forgotten eventually.

    ReplyDelete