Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Book Is Silly

I stole this idea from Rose, who stole it from Jessica, who stole it from Trish. I'm a third generation idea thief!

So my novel's essentially a fantasy comedy called Hob. The protagonist is a goblin!

Here are my characters as I have them so far.:

Hob
A goblin who makes a not-so-great living as a junk salesman
likes- shiny things
dislikes- Gina's cooking

Gina
A banshee and Hob's fan girl.
likes- Hob
dislikes- dunno yet

Elvish Assassin
Evil Dude
likes- stabbing things
dislikes- kittens

Handsome Knight
A handsome and very talented knight who launches my story with his death
likes- being better than everyone
dislikes- being stabbed

Oracle of the Legna
Important member of the Church of the Legna
likes- the Legna
dislikes- hereretics

That's really all I have so far. Aren't my characterizations delightfully simple? I expect the cast to grow out of necessity. Yay goblins!

Goblins, goblins, goblins,
Travis T

3 comments:

  1. Ahaha goblins. XD
    Gina should dislike anyone who dislikes goblins. :B I dunno. I pulled that outta my ass.

    But it does sound like an interesting idea. My idea is generic, and that's why I decided to use it, lol. I got tired of being out of the box, so I jumped back in it for a while. XD Probably won't give mine a generic ending, though.

    But yeah. poor handsome knight. I share his dislike of being stabbed, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the funniest thing I have read all day. I think that fantasy/comedy is definately the perfect genre for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It like I'm Terry Pratchett. Except I'm not old and British. Or most other things that make him Terry Pratchett.

    ReplyDelete