Saturday, May 16, 2009

Beard, In Memoriam

I had a job interview for a Camp Leader position at the Petrolia community centre on Thursday. In an attempt to look like someone who does not feed on small children, I took a razor to my good friend beardy. Now this is certainly no big loss; I’m fairly certain I could have it back in a week or two if I wished. The trouble is that now I have so much more area to cover when I shave until I do decide I want it back. Oh, the world of facial hair is full of joys and pains!

I do believe the interview went fairly well. I decided to make myself all fancy so I threw on my fancy pants and tied back my hair. Dressing for success is awesome! When I got there the first thing I was asked to do was to construct a craft. It was a little weird being in those fancy clothes and then being asked to play around with crayons and construction paper but I was really too excited by the fact that they had pipe cleaners. I made an awesome little bug thing, mostly out of pipe cleaners, and stuck some googly eyes on it. I was rather pleased with myself. The rest of the interview was a series of pretty basic questions about myself and my experience (nothing abstract like “If you were a retrovirus, which would you be and why?”). Getting this job would be nice; manual labour sucks! Actually it’s not so bad now but by the time summer is in full swing I’ll be wishing it gone.

In other news, I still haven’t seen Wolverine. I’m beginning to think my friends suck.

Dear friends,
                       Stop sucking!
Travis T

2 comments:

  1. Hahaaaaha!! Do you want to see Star Trek too? Wolverine and Star Trek were the two bigs one I wanted to see no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Travis, you are so funny! "Too excited by the fact that they had pipe cleaners," was a laugh out loud moment for me, as was your example of an abstract interview question. I hope you get the job!

    ReplyDelete