Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Why Was It That I Don't Have A Girlfriend Yet? Ah, Yes...

I am now among the Magic initiated. I even have a DCI number!

My first prerelease was absolutely delightful. I pulled a pretty nice field from black and red (though a good deal of people did that). I even managed to get my hands on this fine little number:


My matches went less than smoothly, ending with a record of 2-5-0. Still it was a fun, if exhausting, day (I slept it off for much of Sunday).

Highlights included:
-winning a match on the last turn before time by a creature steal spell
-encountering a deck that refused to die due to a combination of bounce-back abilities and a life resetting artifact
-Nick milling out Joe (and almost quite a few more people) with one of the most adorable cards ever:


In the end only Maks received a place of note, earning a couple boosters for his troubles. Zendikar is a ridiculously fun set to play and the Landfall mechanic proved very interesting. My first Magic event proved very fruitful and Nick and I are planning to hit a few Zendikar draft events for some rewards, a fancy new (and more durable) DCI card, and because Zendikar is just so much fun to play.

So that's my delightful prerelease report. Stay tuned for the next time I feel the need to share my awesomeness.

Why do I bother with these sign-offs?
Travis T

6 comments:

  1. lol I liked the combination of title + content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay card games! :D

    I miss Yu-gi-oh. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Yu-Gi-Oh too. The only one who would play with me was my little brother and I'd just bend the rules and cheat so I would always win. HURR. I feel bad about it, looking back....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention one thing. The set has "Trap" cards. It only happened once but I pulled out a "You've activated my trap card, Kaiba boy!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, yay impulsive purchasing of a box.

    ReplyDelete