Tuesday, July 14, 2009

And What Are Men But Chariots Of Wrath...

… by demons driven!

I’ve avoided blogging for quite a while. I’ve managed to avoid posts on my trip to Florida, my regrettable absence the Brandon Family Bonfire and my Bayfest experiences. So what has stirred me from my long, blogless stupor?

Swamp Thing.

Yes, reading comics has outranked anything else that has happened to me in the past month as a blogable issue. Truly Alan Moore knows how to tell a story. I loved his work in the Watchmen and Swamp Thing was even better. What writer in his right mind begins by taking out the title character? It’s particularly astounding when you take into account that this was his first act as a newcomer in an ongoing series. Yet somehow he manages to use this as a device to add incredible layers of depth to the character. Then he proceeds to resurrect Swamp Thing in a manner that sets the rest of the story up perfectly. Coupled with the striking visuals that tie it all together, it is one the most enjoyable reading experiences I’ve had to date.

READ IT NOW!!!

Also, I finally located my Writer’s Craft anthology. That made me happy.

1 comment: